Legacy of The Father of The Nation
An old post, that remained unpublished (or maybe i withdrew this after publishing)
You know how the opinions on all things controversial are.
Well, I have been thinking of reviving this blog ... and really no particular topic that feel strongly about came to my mind. And suddenly when i visited this other blog, my opinion was so moving to me that I thought it would be worth an entry here
I hold Gandhiji in high regard and I cannot understand the harm the Government has done to anyone by bringing these items back.
You know how the opinions on all things controversial are.
Well, I have been thinking of reviving this blog ... and really no particular topic that feel strongly about came to my mind. And suddenly when i visited this other blog, my opinion was so moving to me that I thought it would be worth an entry here
I hold Gandhiji in high regard and I cannot understand the harm the Government has done to anyone by bringing these items back.
- It is a good idea to stop some fool taking the possession of these articles and then showing to the world how powerless India could be ... You and I would be still cursing the government .. for having failed to save the "pride" of India .. the legacy of someone we call the father of the nation.
- But maybe I do not credit the GoI for that. Perhaps they had to do it because congress has all this while stood for the Gandhi values and everything connected to that .. or so it wants to project.
- Mr. James Otis has no credibility to me ... and had he really stood for these values, he'd probably have not given it out to auction. So for all you know, he might have been there just to try to show to the world how little India is spending on Education/ How much on defence ... however, without any proof, I cant accuse him of anything, moneywise or otherwise
- There are millions of other things the government is not doing .. which it should. Some good examples are keeping the Ganges clean or maintaining monuments ... I dont see such coverage for these issues related to national heritage ... I am sorry, I AM trying to blame the whole media infra here
Labels: Gandhiji


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home